I'm trying so hard to like Governor T.A Orji. Prior to the election, my support for him was at zero level. It never mattered,anyway. When he won, I resolved to give him 100 per cent encouragement. However, he is discouraging me. We already know his aides are not experts at refining one's image. What I didn't know much, was the extent of his ability to do that, until now.
While in Kirikiri in 2007, in detention, 20million naira was needed for his release. Orji Kalu, then governor, refused to provide that. According to T.A Orji, he asked whether 20 million naira was too much for Orji Kalu to pay for his release.
Of all statements ever credited to him, this ranks up there amongst the dumbest and most unnecessary. It never, in any way, made any meaning.
I want to advise governor Orji to concentrate on the huge task ahead of him. A lot of work needs to be done to return Abia to what it used to be, and should be. Unnecessary statements, ones that rightly or wrongly reinforce preconceptions, aren't needed at all. We, even myself included, want him to do well this time. This statement is a distraction, and wouldn't fill people like me with confidence.