Barely hours after I wrote on former speaker, House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole's hide and seek with EFCC, he was arrested. I should be satisfied, then. Why not? Afterall, what I've always agitated for, I got. But then, I still have my reservations.
Let us not be surprised to see him granted 'bail' in court. Let us not be surprised to see his passport seized, yet he would travel abroad at will. Let us not be shocked to see the 10 Billion naira issue swept in the carpet. This is Nigeria.
Be that as it may, however, we must commend EFCC for the arrest, even if we give them knocks for watching while some wanted men like Otunba Gbenga Daniel escaped...sorry,eh, I meant travelled.
Not a lot of people would pity Bankole. While he lasted as speaker, he did and said a lot of things, many of which were uncomplimentary. But I pity him. He would suffer before he eats his money.