No actress in Nigeria divides opinion the way Mercy Johnson does. Unfortunately, not for her acting prowess (the opinion division, I mean), but for her personal life. Some think she's nice, and every bad press she gets is a result of jealousy on  the part of her colleagues. Others think she is just a wayward, uncaring young girl who loves grabbing headlines at every opportunity she gets. She thinks people judge her wrongly, and  should not believe what they read. She once admitted, ''I could be in my house and a journalist would call, saying I was seen in a particular place...even when I confirm I was at home, they go ahead to publish what they want...''
Now, she has the chance to stop them, even if a little bit. On August, she revealed, she would get married (she said the same thing last year, and we were left waiting). And I feel this would do her image every good. Her image, in my opinion, is in tatters. Marriage would help her keep hold of what is left of it.
Forgive me for being so poor on writing on Nollywood. But no matter how bad I am, I sure know this young lady, alleged to have called Ngozi Ezeonu names, exchanged words with Patience Ozokwor, used the 'F' word on Mike Ezuruonye, involved in juju scandal with Oge Okoye and Ini Edo, etc, would lead a more mature life, after her wedding.