Reagan Ufomba, the APGA gubernatorial cndidate in Abia  State has given the people hope. He hopes to be sworn in through the judiciary in a few months.
''We offered ourselves to the people to be chosen, and they made their choice'' ,he said, ''Unfortunately, that choice is not the man who was sworn in as governor in Abia State. I know that I will be sworn in as governor within the next few months, after the tribunal must have done their job on the election''
Even if it fails to happen, at least he has given those who need a change in the state fresh hope. He also said what I always hammered on
''What prompted me to join the race was that I saw the need to serve and rescue my state. Abia is in a state of decadence, unemployment, kidnapping and infrastructural decay. Somehow, it turned out to be that everyone now sees it as an individuals project. In Imo State, people came out and said that they wanted change. They worked for it, not money, and they succeeded. But in Abia, there was a lukewarm attitude by the people...''
Very lukewarm attitude, I must say. Abians must take part of the blame for the problem they find themselves in. But, with Ufomba (or anybody else), there is a light at the end of the tunnel.