The presidential election has come and gone,and we got a clear winner.But what followed suit could best be defined as embarrassing.As is always the case,the northern part of the country witnessed yet another orgy of incessant killings.I had wanted to stay away from this issue due to my glaring love for the northerners(my adopted name is Yusuf),yet if I did that,I would be the biggest hypocrite ever.
I condemn in its entirety,the actions of a few touts in the states where the mayhem took place.I call them touts because civilized people wouldn't do that.
Their disappointment is clearly understandable,but their subsequent action was unforgivable.In Bauchi,I got the information that innocent corp members,who had nothing to do with their frustration,were beaten,and burnt to death.At least,I know of a certain Obinna Okpokiri,a very handsome and promising young man,cut down in his prime.Why do they kill and make it seem life is lived twice?Isn't that stupidity in its bestial sense?
There is absolutely no excuse for this idiotic act.I just want these set of animals in human skin to have a sober reflection,and realise they need not fight.Leadership is not reserved for the north alone,and violence is not what God brought them to the world for.
Enough is enough.We have tried to take it,but we cannot bear it any longer.The press have a role to play.that this spate of killings have become a regular occurrence does not make it less news-worthy.Let us join hands and eschew violence in Nigeria.That is ther way forward.