A musician once said some friends are much more important than brothers. I never knew the meaning of this. Now, I know.
Frank and I had come a long way. From our days in ABSU, we were like brothers. With Ethel and Chimezie, I had people I could call family. They helped me change certain aspects of my life people might have frowned at. We always looked to the future. We always dreamt of being successful, happily married with kids, and living life like brothers we were. Everything changed on saturday, 2nd July.
Frank left us, just 12 days to his birthday.
I cannot contain my grief. Ethel can't contain his. Chimezie can't contain his. Frank's family and friends can't contain theirs. The shock can never be explained.
If only we saw him one last time, to tell him how much we love him, to beg him not to leave us.
Never in our lives would we forget you, Frank. We love you. Rest In Peace my brother and friend. We miss you.
Oh God, why me?