"Gaddafi's departure is not being discussed...we must all work on the peaceful solution in which all Libyans would participate..."

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi just cannot let go. This wouldn't be the last time his foreign minister, Abdelati Obeidi, would make such comments, but surely the last hasn't been heared from the world. Remember French foreign minister, Alain Juppe, said last week that Gaddafi was "sending messangers everywhere, to Turkey, to New York, to Paris", to negotiate his exit.
I think Gaddafi has realised the end of the road has, or is about to, come. However, like a 'warrior' he is (or people like me say he is), the love for power, and pride, have actually stopped him every minute.
It would be in his best interest and that of Libyans, and he knows it, to leave now. The country needs fresh ideas and direction, no matter how good his own have been.
I wouldn't stop expressing my admiration for this man. His strength is what I wish for. His pride is what I learn from. His obduracy is what I crave. His 'matyrdom' stand defines me (what a coincidence. My middle name is Stephen, the Biblical first Christian matyr). His popularity gives me motivation to strive harder. What's more, his inner resignation while exuding outside defiance really takes the hat off my head. But in the face of all these, he has to retire. And like the Biblical Paul, declare "I have run a good race", just like I did years back...