When APGA withdrew their petition against Governar T.A Orji at the tribunal, I wasn't impressed. I suspected a few 'papers' had changed hands. Afterall, Nigerian politics could safely be called 'money politics'. But then the gubernatorial flag bearer and closest challenger Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba went on with his petition. He even boasted how he would be declared governor of Abia state 'in a few months'.
Unfortunately, like it happened in Akwa-Ibom, he lost out. Governor Orji, in his usual 'Holier Holier Holier' style, said the judgement meant his hands were clean. Well, only God would conclude that.
With this, I have mixed feelings. While I am not Governor Orji's biggest fan, I also know he would now have to work, and let excuses of court distractions be. Even now, Abians still don't trust him. And if he jumps through PPA and probably LP hurdles, he would leave in 2015. If by then, he does nothing reasonable again, then posterity would judge him. In fact, he would forever be connected with innefficiency. Yet something in me believes he could do well this time...if not because my 'warped perception which shouldn't be reality'(apologies to OBJ) would spur him on, then because he genuinely wants to do it. Either way, Abians want to benefit...for once.