Yes,he is from my Local Government Area(Bende).Of course,he was my political mentor,even if he never knew.Factually,he was an old boy of my alma mater(the great Government College Umuahia).In truth,he used to be my employer at The Sun Newspaper,even if it was for a few months.We know,he grew up in Enyimba City,the same way i did.Okay,he is good looking,the same way i would claim to be...even if i am not.
However,make no mistake.There is no singular bias here.Chief Orji Uzor Kalu,the former governor of Abia State deserves better than he probably is getting at the moment.Abandoned by his political 'godchildren',derided in all quarters by those who claim to know,dismissed with a wave of hand these days,nobody would say my dear OUK hasn't endured a lot these few months.
I do not care what people may say,and i do not want to go partial.Also,do not call me a political jobber.However,a few things need to be made clear.
Those he single-handedly put in a juicy position while they cooled off in jail seem to have forgotten so soon.Those he helped make political pacts with so as to be in a nice frame even when they weren't sure of themselves,seem to have called his bluff.Those he aided to come out of the doldrum when they claimed to be 'human right activists' have now become 'information gurus' and now bite the fingers that fed them.
Before you accuse me of having a thing or two to do with him,refer to one of my write-ups,where i once criticized him.Whatever one says,his generousity towards the needy,his compassion towards the oppressed and i dare say,his personal relationship with,even the most-difficult-to-please,people is yet to be matched by those who vilify him.
I leave everyone with a clear warning - write him off at your peril.Only one sentence can be used to qualify him and it would make sense -"he is a cat with nine lives". Beware